Keep us going. Donate!

Archive

Show more

A true Thanksgiving

Image by msandersmusic from Pixabay
I give thanks unto the Universe.

I give thanks that I have good health.

I give thanks for my partner in life, without whom I would be much poorer.

I give thanks for these rambunctious animals, who frustrate and delight me.

I give thanks for having a career which isn't just a job, but a calling.

I give thanks for my family, which has never failed to support me in anything I do.

I give thanks for my friends, who check me when I need a knock to the head, and who lift me up when I'm at my lowest.

I give thanks to my parents, who raised me with values which don't trample on those around me.

I give thanks to the sky, and the land, and the waters, which sustain me and all who live under and on them.

I give thanks to a humanity which strives to be more than it thinks it is.

I give thanks to those who are filled with idealism, without whom we mere humans cannot progress.

I give thanks to those who are filled with pragmatism, without whom idealism gains no purchase.

I give thanks to those who create the literature and music and art without which all of our lives would be penury.

I give thanks to those who toil unacknowledged, without whom our world would stop.

I give thanks to a Universe full of wonder and mystery, mysteries which are our work to unlock.

I give thanks to life and love and laughter. 

I give thanks to those of you who have joined me on this long, strange trip. 

May you have a blessed Thanksgiving.