Keep us going. Donate!

Archive

Show more

Happy Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!


So. 

I went back to see what I've written in the past three MLK Day posts. And I'm proud of what I've written. (You can see here, here, and here.)

In each of these pieces, I was deadly serious, weighted down with the import of the day celebrating our American Moses. But this year I want to do something different. I want to rejoice in the life of this unique man. I want to raise up a joyful noise. I want to give voice to the fact that Providence, the Universe, what have you brought him to the right place at the right time to move this broken land forward.

So, for this year's Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, we will sing.





May you all have a blessed day of remembrance and celebration. May we all live up to Dr. King's example.