Keep us going. Donate!

Archive

Show more

Soul tired

I'm not going to lie: I'm soul tired.

I know, I've said I've been "soul tired" before.

But I'm even more soul tired now.

Why? Because we're 23 days away from Donald Trump being expelled, and this motherfucker still tries us. He still tasks us. He won't fucking go the fuck away.

I didn't expect him to go quietly. But Jesus on toast. His sheer spite is something to behold, and something even I wasn't expecting. As of the writing of this on Sunday night, this goddamned motherfucker is teasing SOMETHING BIG coming about concerning the COVID relief bill. All that the asshole had to do was sign the thing and then snort Adderall off of the backside of a hooker he had flown in from the Czech Republic. His life is over. He may as well enjoy what few moments of peace he has left.

But no. He blew up the settlement negotiated between House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and bomb-thrower-in-charge-of-the-Senate Mitch McConnell. Yes, I want $2000. But if you thought Trump was actually going to do any work to get you two grand, you're a goddamned idiot. This pendejo doesn't give a shit about anyone who doesn't inhabit his own skin. Case studies for the next three or four decades will be written on his utter and complete narcissism. 

It's bad enough trying to get away from a sociopath in your personal life. But what about when that sociopath is the gahtdamned president of the United States? And he's using his remaining three weeks in power to wreak as much chaos as he can, in revenge for the country rejecting him? Yes, my friends, I'm soul tired.

This, too, shall pass. Trump's future is one of pain. And thus he's inflicting it on us in a petty, crawling way. Because he came from a family which didn't know love. The documentary on Fred Rogers, Won't You Be My Neighbor, begins with a recording of him plinking on the piano, and then saying that everything both good and bad in the world comes from love or its lack. Trump is the exemplar of that wisdom.

Hang in there, my friends. We're moving to a new phase of history. And it won't be easy. But at least that motherfucking, uneducated, goombah Queens accent will no longer be a constant presence in our lives. That's worth something.

This is your open thread.