Keep us going. Donate!

Archive

Show more

Weekend self-care open thread: Ladies and gentlemen, Keith Richards!


Friday night on my way home, knowing it was going to be a long drive on the highways and byways of Los Angeles, I decided to listen to the new Rolling Stones album, Hackney Diamonds

First off, if you are at all a fan of the lads, listen to it. It's a wonderful record.

Secondly, I am going to do a series of weekend self-care posts where I dive into deep cuts from my favorite bands. I was going to do this for the Stones, until I listened to the one song on the album sung by Keith Richards.

To say that I was blown away by it is an understatement. "Tell Me Straight" is a song full of longing and regret which could only have been written by people who had lived full lives.

So, for this weekend's self-care, we will relish the work of Keef as lead vocalist.



Rock on Wayne. Rock on Garth.

As always, dear friends, be ever kind to yourselves and those around you.

***

Like what you're reading? Never miss another post! Get notified via email here.

Donate at the link below to keep us going.