Keep us going. Donate!

Archive

Show more

Weekend self-care open thread: The City


So. Allow me to go into the rivalry between NorCal and SoCal.

I remember a trip to Mill Valley—which is NOT San Francisco. I was visiting a friend, and we went to a bar. As soon as they found out I was from LA, they had many things to say about how awful it was down my way.

We in SoCal? We love San Francisco. It's a lovely place to visit. Fly into SFO or Oakland, rent a car, and drive up to Napa. What's not wonderful about that?

San Francisco is New York transplanted, and takes itself as seriously. Us down here? Meh. We dont take ourselves that seriously. Like the Dude, we abide.

But California would be the poorer without its two poles. And in honor of Dianne Feinstein's passing, this weekend we will celebrate the City by the Bay in song.



You will, of course, notice which song I did not include. Feel free to reference it in the comments. Or, you know, share your favorite songs of your favorite cities.

As always, dear friends, be ever kind to yourselves and those around you.

Also, this is a fundraiser weekend. As I always say, Trevor and I do this work out of a love for the community. But we are not adverse to filthy lucre. So, if you can, click on the donation button below and give what you can. Bourbon ain't cheap!

***

Like what you're reading? Never miss another post! Get notified via email here.

Donate at the link below to keep us going.