Keep us going. Donate!

Archive

Show more

Weekend Self-Care: The Allure of the Irish

Another week in the can, folks.

And, like the other weeks, we survived. Barely.

But we survived because we have each other to lean on. We are a community here at The Bar and LL and I do our best to raise up each other when times are good and when times are challenging. We saw the ups and downs this past week in our featured comments but the light and the love that came from you all was truly inspiring. We've built an online family here and it's been one of my life's great joys to see it blossom. I fully admit to riding LL's coattails so when our blog overlord asks me to step in with a weekend self-care post, I jump right in and do so in a moment's notice. I have no doubt he would do the exact same for me. 

In LL's stead then, I offer up this weekend's self-care thread in honor of our Irish brethren and their March 17th annual celebration. Yours truly is not Irish, but growing up an hour north of Boston and having wicked Irish extended family members with last names like Fitzpatrick, I was definitely aware of their influence in the region. With someone who grew into an appreciation of other cultures, I can say that I've always appreciated the passion and talent of the Irish and the time around St. Patrick's Day is always a good time to revisit their cultural influence. 

Without further ado, I present to you all the sounds of Ireland for this weekend's self-care. As always, stay bold and beautiful to yourselves and those you love.