Keep us going. Donate!

Archive

Show more

Monday open thread: Today, we celebrate!


So, y'all know me and Trevor from our former home, The People's View. And we're both more than gratified that y'all followed us here to this establishment.

As Trevor said last weekend, those of us on this blog are a community. We're here for each other, for the highs and the lows.

Well, cabrones, here's a high.


If I haven't said this before, let me say it now.

I've read comments that the blog we keep up has saved you. Well, let me tell you something: running this blog has saved me. I don't know what I would have done over the past five years without this space. (Yes, I know that this blog was founded in 2019, and before we were on TPV. But, let's be honest: Trevor and I ran that place, not the putative blog owner.) It hasn't been all smooth sailing. We've had to shoo some people off who didn't respect the sense of community we've strived to build. But for the most part we celebrate our highs and commiserate with our lows. We support each other, because that's what a community does. 

So. Mazel tov to Trevor and his soon-to-be bride. May your joy be everlasting. If it's in your fate, may you bring nephews and nieces to all the aunties and tíos here. And all blessings to those of you on this blog. You mean more to me than you can ever know. Make a joyful noise unto the universe for love found and a new life begun.