Archive

Show more

Fundraising poll!


OK my friends. 

During the 2024 campaign, we few, we happy few, we band of brothers and sisters raised money first for Joe Biden, and then for Kamala Harris.

We've all been through... a lot. A lot of disappointment. A lot of angst and agita. A lot of bitterness.

Many of us have re-registered as independents due to the parlous course in which the Democratic Party is steering, chasing after the granola white left and ignoring the actual base of the party, Black and Jewish voters.

The fact is, however, that in our system money talks. Unless we want our politics on the left-liberal spectrum to be taken over by the worst DSA elements, we have to put our money where our mouths are.

So, as promised, I'm polling all of you for how, or even if, we should fundraise for the upcoming midterms. Whom should we support with our funds, if anyone? How should we pool our resources to make the biggest impact?

Personally, I think we should direct our fundraising to the DLCC (Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee). Democrats have to realize that power begins at the local level. The GOP realized this decades ago, and the left is still catching up.

Anyway, give me your ideas. As is my wont, I will have a spreadsheet. And if we decide collectively to fundraise, I'll put up a special post for that in the coming days.

Have at it!