Keep us going. Donate!

Archive

Show more

Weekend self-care open thread: The rock-steady beat of MADNESS!!! ONE STEP BEYOND!!!

Well friends! This Memorial Day weekend your humble blog-lord is off to the YouTube Theater in the Wood up to no good to see a band which hugely influenced him in his youth and confirmed again his Anglophilia. That's right, I'm going to go see those East London rascals of Madness!

I was one of the lucky ones who was able to watch MTV from its inception. And Madness was a staple of the channel, back in olden days when it played music. (Really, what does the "M" stand for now? Mediocrity?) The music, the fashion, the attitude all spoke to this Cuban kid from the Heights. So now, as all of us are much older, I get to relive my youth and  mark another band off my bucket list.

And, of course, Suggs is not only a happy chappy, but also an ardent fan of Chelsea FC. So, yes: I shall be wearing my Chelsea shirt with Super Frankie Lampard's name on the back to the show. Maybe Suggs will notice!

So, for this weekend's self-care, join me in my fanboying.


Share your favorite ska tu-tone tunes in the comments.

As always, dear friends, be ever kind, gentle, and joyful with yourselves and those around you.

***

Like what you're reading? Never miss another post! Get notified via email here.

Donate at the link below to keep us going.