Keep us going. Donate!

Archive

Show more

Weekend self-care open thread: A Love Supreme


I have spoken often of my utter devotion to the great soul John Coltrane. I have said how I never grokked jazz until I listened to him. Trane is one of my heroes. He is one of my totemic spirits. He is one of my conduits to the Other Realm.

For this weekend's self-care, we shall dive into his magnum opus, A Love Supreme. At least for me, one cannot listen to this album and not come out unchanged. That's how magnificent it is. It is on a par with the works of Beethoven and Mozart. Trane was one of our American geniuses. 


Bask in the empyrean heights of transcendence.

As always, dear friends, be ever kind to yourselves and those around you.

***

Like what you're reading? Never miss another post! Get notified via email here.

Donate at the link below to keep us going.