Keep us going. Donate!

Archive

Show more

Weekend self-care open thread: In just spring, and fundraiser

It's Spring!!

I've written a lot about rebirth this week, and I didn't realize that my doing so may have been influenced by the season of rebirth beginning this weekend. The days are longer and the green things of the earth are coming back to life. (Of course, I'm writing from my northern hemisphere bias. Autumn in the southern hemisphere is great as well.)

T.S. Eliot used spring as a metaphor for rot and decay; great poet, unhappy man. We'll have none of that truck here. We start with e.e. cummings, and go from there.

Share your own faves in the comments.

Also, this weekend is a pledge-drive weekend. As always, Trevor and I do this out of love and commitment. But a little bourbon cash is appreciated. If you can, you can donate here.

As always, be bold, be beautiful, be good. And celebrate spring!