Keep us going. Donate!

Archive

Show more

'Tis the season for John Lewis


No, I don't mean our social and political justice warrior from Atlanta..

In the US, the official kickoff to the festive season was Thanksgiving. Now it seems it's Labor Day.

Anywho, in recent years in the UK, the festive season hasn't really started until retailer John Lewis comes out with Christmas advert.

Full disclosure: I'm a sucker for them, from when I first saw them four or five years ago. I wrote about them last year on TPV, and I described them as having all the pain and joy which attends to this time of year. And they never fail to give me a lump in my throat.

To start off our festive season, I present to you this year's entry, along with a visit with those of prior years.









May this season remind you of all the joy and love you have in your lives.

As always, take care of yourselves and those around you.