Keep us going. Donate!

Archive

Show more

Weekend self-care open thread: Ladies and gentlemen, Tanita Tikaram!


I will not be at all shocked if most of you have not heard the name "Tanita Tikaram".

This British chanteuse, daughter of an Indian-Fijian father serving in the Royal Army, and a Malay mother, released a very well-received debut album in 1988, Ancient Heart. She was born only a month after I was, and as a voice of my generation, I devoured her music.

I recently rediscovered her, and have been plowing through her discography. She never achieved the fame her talent warranted, but she has made a sterling career for herself, releasing albums of note and heft.

So, for this weekend, I want to introduce you to her music. Hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as I do.


As always dear friends, be ever kind, gentle, and joyful, to yourselves and those around you.