Keep us going. Donate!

Archive

Show more

Weekend self-care open thread: Ladies and gentlemen, Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox!


Like many hip and cool kids, I scan YouTube for things which tickle my fancy. 

As a man of my generation, I, in my louche youth, went through a swing-dance phase. Oh yes, my friends; I frequented the clubs of LA in a sharp suit and done swung with ladies dressed like molls from the 1940s. 

This weekend's featured artists take various expressions of pop music and translate them into various eras: swing, big band jazz, 60s soul. And they are all magnificent.

So, get your dancing shoes on. It's Postmodern Jukebox!







As always, dear friends, be ever kind and gentle with yourselves and those around you.

***

Like what you're reading? Never miss another post! Get notified via email here.

Donate at the link below to keep us going.