Keep us going. Donate!

Archive

Show more

Wednesday open thread: Este hombre esta loco en el coco


Well, as I was furiously closing up my workday yesterday, this came across my intertube device:
I'm writing about Mr. Kookoo Pants because I had the displeasure to have to view one of his putrid ads while I was watching an On Demand program. (Which is why I rarely use my cable company's On Demand service, because I DON'T WANT TO WATCH ADS. Ahem.)

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at his every utterance. No, he doesn't know some secret information, like that the military is going to mount a coup to restore Trump. He's merely a sad, silly man, who unfortunately gives hope and succor to too many like-minded idiots, a few of whom might take matters into their own hands and cause mayhem. 

This is what's infuriating. As I wrote yesterday, we are in a time where we don't share the same reality, the same set of facts about how the world works and exists, with a too-large number of our fellow residents on this space rock. Lindell is an example of a man who inhabits his own fact-universe, one unrelated to observable phenomena. He and his ilk will continue to force their "alternative facts" on the rest of us. Most of the time it will be grist for ridicule. But six months out from the insurrection, we know all too well that it can turn deadly.

Hopefully soon, Lindell will be too subsumed with the destruction of his business and life by Dominion Voting Systems. Then I will no longer have to see him fulminating against Joe Biden, nor will I have to happen upon his ads for his subpar products. I'm a man of simple needs. Nightly pot gummies, the occasional martini, and the extirpation of all traitors. Not much to ask, is it?

This is your open thread.