Keep us going. Donate!

Archive

Show more

Weekend Self-Care: Classic Albums

Well, this week was a helluva year.  

With everything that happened, it's time to retreat a bit and take some time to ourselves. For yours truly, I've been trying to enhance my own personal morning reflections over these past two months by reconnecting with a number of class albums from my youth. I say "my youth" but the truth is, several of these albums were composed well before my time. That doesn't make them any less a part of my childhood, though, and I'm proud to say that I've always considered myself a bit of an old soul when it comes to music that was created before my birth. One of the best parts about the past two months has been the powerful sense of nostalgia that has washed over me as I fondly recall where and how I heard first these classic albums. They are all unique in their own way and several of them feel as relevant today as the time they were written. 

These are but a scattering of the albums that have come across my playlist the past two months. Do add your favorites in the comments below and I, for one, am always thankful to learn from you all and to experience new artists or bands that I may have not previously known. Such is the beauty of music; it's a personal affinity that can easily swoop in others with similar musical tastes. And it's a way for many of us to connect to each other on a deeper and more intense personal level. The bonding over music is a centuries-old tradition that continues to bring together diverse communities even today. We are merely the latest generation to form such a bond and to carry on this special tradition.

As always, be good to yourselves and each other during this time. 

*Note* For the sake of not slowing down the page, I've included one song on each classic album rather than the entire album. You're welcome :)