Keep us going. Donate!

Archive

Show more

Weekend self-care open thread: U2 and a fundraiser!


Well hello, kiddly-poos, and welcome to the weekend!

It's been a hell of a ride for your blogfather this week, and I am sorely glad it's over. Everything is working out, don't worry, but it was an emotional week.

So for our weekend self-care, I'm going to be completely indulgent and feature my favorite band in the world: U2.

Now now, I know, U2 isn't everyone's cup of tea. They can be pompous to a fault. Bono is quite open to ridicule. But they know this, and have fun with it. The Pop Mart tour was nothing but an entire metafictional show about being the world's biggest rock stars. And just when I think they've lost it, they come out with another album which is much better than the early press reports. As a sixteen year old newly arrived to LA from New York City, I found friendships based on our love of the lads from Dublin. For that reason alone Bono, The Edge, Adam, and Larry will always hold pride of place in my heart. (U2 is also the only band I've seen live four times.)

So, if you'll allow me: Ladies and gentlemen, You Too!!






I'm being very self-indulgent, so I hope you'll humor me

Also, we haven't done this in a while: It's fundraising weekend! 

Trevor and I do this out of love for this community we've all created. But we're not above a little bit of filthy lucre. So, if you have any spare change, you can donate here. No pressure. We ain't going anywhere.

As always, be ever kind to yourselves and those around you.