Keep us going. Donate!

Archive

Show more

Weekend self-care open thread: In memoriam, Michael Nesmith


So. Back in my youth in New York, it was like this. I'd get home from school. I'd watch a cartoon or two. And then the live action shows would start. And one of them was always The Monkees. That show was formative for me. Silly people doing silly things to a groovy soundtrack.

The leader of this manufactured band which became a real band was Michael Nesmith. He passed away yesterday at the age of 78.

He was a mainstay of my youth. And now he's another part of my youth which has gone away.

For this weekend's self-care, we shall honor him and sing and dance.


As always, be kind to yourselves and those around you. And post your favorite music of Michael, or anyone else. It's an open tread, after all.